In 2012, ICF International acquired GHK Holdings Limited, a London-based consultancy with offices across Europe and Asia that significantly increases our global presence and adds capabilities in core ICF areas such as environment, health, education, social programs, ports/logistics, and international development.
In 2011, ICF acquired two companies:
- Ironworks Consulting, L.L.C., an interactive web development firm that provides strategy, technology, and design services in the development of large-scale, complex technology projects.
- Marbek Resource Consultants Ltd., a leading Canadian energy and environmental consulting firm that strengthens the combined firm's position in energy efficiency, renewable energy, and pollution prevention programs.
In 2009, ICF International acquired two companies:
- Macro International Inc., an advisory, implementation, and evaluation services firm providing research-based solutions to U.S. federal government agencies in health and other areas.
- Jacob & Sundstrom, Inc., a technology security firm specializing in providing cybersecurity and identity management services to U.S. federal civilian and defense agencies.
In 2008, ICF acquired Jones & Stokes, an integrated planning and resource management firm, which expanded the firm's environmental capabilities and offerings across such strategic growth areas as transportation, energy, climate change, and water resources.
In 2007, ICF International acquired four companies:
- Energy and Environmental Analysis (EEA), Inc., based in Arlington, Virginia, which enhanced ICF’s capabilities in alternative fuels such as natural gas, and in automotive emissions and fuel efficiency technologies that impact greenhouse gas emissions.
- Advanced Performance Consulting Group (APCG), a Washington, D.C., consulting firm that enhanced ICF’s capabilities in federal organizational performance, human capital, and strategic communications consulting.
- Z-Tech Corporation, based in Rockville, Maryland, an established leader in health information and health technology services that expanded ICF's ability to develop more effective health information technology, health communications, health policy analysis, and health information clearinghouses.
- SH&E, one of the world's largest consulting firms dedicated to air transport, helped position ICF as a leader in airline, airport, and aviation industry consulting, enabling ICF to significantly strengthen its transportation service offerings with federal, state, and industry clients.
In 2005, ICF International acquired two companies:
- Synergy, Inc., a leading provider of strategic planning, analysis, and technology solutions in defense command and control, operations, and logistics.
- Caliber Associates, an established leader in providing research, consulting, and innovation in human services and human resource issues, primarily to U.S. federal clients.
In 2002, ICF International acquired two divisions of Arthur D. Little: Global Environment & Risk (Americas) and Public Sector Program Management.