For the fifth year in a row, ICF International has been selected in Environmental Finance and Carbon Finance magazine's 11th Annual Market Survey for its outstanding work in climate change mitigation. With more than 1,200 votes cast, ICF won more Best Advisory/Consultancy awards (4) than any other firm worldwide, and won first place or runner-up in every category in which ICF competed. ICF swept all three Best Advisory/Consultancy awards in the area of GHG Emissions, winning:
- Best Advisory/Consultancy - EU Emissions Trading
- Best Advisory/Consultancy - Kyoto Project Credits
- Best Advisory/Consultancy - North American Mandatory Markets (Mandatory & Pre-compliance)
- Best Advisory/Consultancy - Renewable Energy Finance North America
In addition, ICF received Runner-up in the following categories:
- Runner-up Best Advisory/Consultancy - SO2 & NOx MARKETS (ALL)
- Runner-up Best Advisory - Renewable Energy Finance Europe
ICF was recognized by Environmental Finance and Carbon Finance in the most closely watched survey of the leading participants in the carbon, U.S. emissions, weather, risk management, and renewable energy certificate markets. The results of the survey appear in the December 2010-January 2011 issues of both Environmental Finance and Carbon Finance.
For the awards competition, companies nominate leading brokers, dealers, and advisors in several categories. Companies are allowed only one vote, cannot vote for themselves, and can vote only in categories in which they had direct experience. Selection criteria include efficiency and speed of transaction, reliability, innovation, quality of information and service provided, and influence on the market.
Environmental Finance is the leading international publication covering the ever-increasing impact of environmental issues on the lending, insurance, investment, and trading decisions affecting industry.