ICF makes it easy for you to get settled—so you're off and running as soon as possible. Our new employee orientation experience is 100 percent online, comprehensive, and consistently presented wherever you are. It includes the "ICF Capabilities" overview of our global operations—valuable to new hires as well as long-time employees.
You’ll be matched with a peer "buddy" who can answer all your questions and help you get adjusted. After you're on board, our Learning Institute delivers a full range of courses via our highly participatory Web Meeting format or in person around the world. Areas of focus include:
- Professional development: business writing, interpersonal skills, time management
- Management and leadership: management essentials, coaching and team development, and a monthly interactive Managers Roundtable
- Business growth: an online introduction to business development and intensive, in-person sessions
- Project management: online and classroom courses toward continuing education units (ICF is a certified provider) and preparation for the Project Management Institute's (PMI) Project Management Professional (PMP) exam
- Technical learning: highly specialized coursework developed by your practice area and delivered through Learning Institute facilities and technology
At ICF, every course has meaning, purpose, and value. The curriculum aligns directly with the skills and metrics that determine job advancement. The courses are one hour or less—so they're easy to work into a busy schedule. Participation (pending discussions with your supervisor) has no cap, and all classes are free (except for PMP prep courses).