ICF International provided operational support for the several European chemical company consortia—representing hundreds of member companies and more than 500 substances—developed to help companies comply with REACH (Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals), the European Commission's regulatory system for chemicals.
As a central contact in the operation of the consortia, ICF helped to manage the day-to-day activities, including:
- Coordinating overall communications between consortia members, technical support team, and the public
- Managing the scope of substances and providing oversight and management of the technical plan and support staff
- Preparing for meetings to report on the progress and challenges to the executive and technical groups and services team associated with the consortia
- Managing the consortia's public and private websites
- Addressing thousands of technical, policy, regulatory, and process inquiries from both members and several hundred Substance Information Exchange Forum (SIEF) participants
ICF also provides SIEF management for several consortia. In this capacity, ICF coordinates with the consortia committees to set policies regarding data sharing and data access costs and policies and to develop communications regarding sameness and classification and labeling information. ICF SIEF managers communicate with thousands of SIEF members for each substance, answering a variety of technical and policy questions regarding co-registrations. In addition, ICF works with legal teams and a technology platform to provide, disseminate, and collect revenues from Letters of Access.
Related Market + Service Offerings