Released on October 5, 2009, President Obama's Executive Order (EO) 13514 for Federal Leadership in Environmental, Energy, and Economic Performance reinforces the U.S. commitment to the sustainable and climate friendly operation of federal agencies. ICF International is uniquely positioned to advise agencies on the broad range of issues encompassed in being a green leader in the U.S. Federal Government.
Building on the momentum of the American Reinvestment and Recovery Act (ARRA), EO 13514 mandates that over the next decade, all federal agencies must meet a broad range of sustainability targets and implement efforts to become greener. This groundbreaking Executive Order establishes new requirements and presents multifaceted challenges to agencies as they implement green technologies to meet these targets and help the U.S. combat global climate change.
ICF International has the depth and expertise to comprehensively address all aspects of EO 13514, and can help facilitate the development of a comprehensive integrated strategy to support agencies in complying with and meeting these green sustainability challenges.
ICF International helps federal, state, and local agencies develop, implement, evaluate, communicate, and continuously improve green strategies that are right for their organizations. ICF's unparalleled and diverse experts have more than 30 years of experience supporting public sector clients on a variety of sustainability initiatives, such as:
- Climate change and ozone protection, including GHG inventories/protocols, mitigation strategies, and climate change adaptation
- Energy, water, and fleet efficiency
- Renewable energy and green power
- Waste minimization and pollution prevention
- ENERGY STAR® and LEED certified buildings
- ENERGY STAR labeled products
- Transportation planning and smart growth
- Green procurement, material management strategies, and life-cycle analysis
- Environmental management systems (EMS)
- Environmental, health, and safety management
- Tracking and reporting impacts
- Communications and staff/public engagement
- Compliance with EO 13423 and the Energy Independence and Security Act (EISA)