As greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and climate change impacts become a more frequent and critical subject for National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) environmental impact analysis, ICF can assist clients with preparing thorough, accurate, and legally defensible analyses. ICF has extensive practical experience with the requirements of all major U.S. federal and state environmental laws and regulations and routinely prepares environmental impact assessment documents for many different federal agencies under NEPA.
ICF has expertise in all aspects of environmental management and is routinely called upon to complete analyses on significant, complex, and high-profile projects, such as the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) Corporate Average Fuel Economy Standards Environmental Impact Statement (EIS), which included—for the first time ever in a NEPA analysis—modeling of a federal action’s incremental effects on global climate change impacts. Our work includes:
- Preparing EIS documents for landmark federal projects
- Integrating climate change analysis into NEPA documents
- Measuring and analyzing GHG emissions
- Modeling global climate change impacts
- Analyzing global climate change impacts on resources
- Assessing the life-cycle GHG emissions of a federal action
- Developing climate change mitigation and adaptation strategies
- Training practitioners on how best to integrate climate change into NEPA analyses
ICF offers a full spectrum of climate services, from GHG emissions measurement and mitigation to climate impacts assessment. We have expertise across the full range of project types—energy, land use and resource management—and climate-sensitive sectors, such as energy, water, and transportation infrastructure; health; ecosystems; agriculture; and forestry. We have worked on these issues for a variety of public and private sector clients as well as key federal agencies and the U.S. Global Change Research Program.