ICF helps clients evaluate the cost-effectiveness of buying greenhouse gas (GHG) allowances versus reducing emissions internally—and we help ensure that the offset market opportunities are real, verifiable, additional, and permanent.
Using a full suite of tools and analytics, ICF provides clients with recommendations that account for all the GHG allowance and offset market variables, such as the emergence of sector-specific mechanisms and the impact of compliance requirements for non-GHG pollutants.
Our services related to GHG allowance and offset market analysis include:
- In-depth GHG modeling at the project level
- Macro analysis of global offset markets, prices, costs, opportunities, and risks
- Assessment of the financial risks of current and future carbon constraints via our International Carbon Pricing Tool
- Simulations of GHG regulations, supply, demand, and future value via our Integrated Planning Model
ICF’s comprehensive knowledge of GHG and climate change protocols, trends, and market forces includes:
- All major regional U.S. GHG initiatives
- Current regulations, such as AB32, and pending federal legislation
- GHG offset opportunities worldwide
- Renewable technologies, including wind, solar, and methane capture