ICF provides sustainability support ranging from technical expertise in specific topic areas to supplying comprehensive services that drive an integrated sustainability program. Our foremost objective is to help our clients achieve sustainability goals within the context of their broader mission.
ICF's sustainability approach values and fosters a healthy:
- Environment—ICF conducts analyses and assessments to identify preferred ways to optimize use of materials and resources, lessen or eliminate environmental impacts, and promote healthy ecosystems and positive human-environment interactions
- Society—ICF works with our clients to conceive and implement solutions and services that protect and improve the quality of life in families, communities, and workplaces
- Economy—ICF conducts cost-benefit analyses, advanced energy analytics, and wedge analyses to identify cost-effective solutions that increase energy and water use efficiency, reduce and divert waste, and limit greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions while making the most of invested dollars
- Mission—ICF understands that advancing a sustainability culture requires commitment from all levels of an organization and helps clients align their sustainability vision, goals, and objectives with their mission and priorities and provides the employee engagement tools and management resources needed to execute effective sustainability programs
From GHGs to criteria air pollutants, from energy efficiency to renewable energy, from lifecycle assessments to green procurement—ICF's staff includes hundreds of sustainability subject matter experts (SME) who are recognized internationally for their knowledge, experience, and resourcefulness. We advise federal agencies, leading manufacturers, consumer brands, and financial institutions on compliance and cost-saving sustainability solutions.
Our SMEs work hand-in-hand with exceptional information technology experts, marketing and communication specialists, economists, and other talented staff of various disciplines to provide solutions that are innovative and creative as well as exacting and technically sound.
ICF's sustainability services include:
- Helping clients integrate sustainability into overall business strategy and organizational culture
- Preparing clients for changing mandates and market conditions
- Designing, developing, and implementing tools, resources, and systems needed to run an effective sustainability program
Underlying our support is a firm commitment to and passion for sustainability. Our work helps companies and governments develop and implement world-class green strategies. In our offices, we practice what we preach: ICF has been carbon neutral since 2007. We prepare an annual GHG emissions inventory of our operations following the WRI/WBCSD Corporate Standard, and we voluntarily report our GHG emissions through the Carbon Disclosure Project. Learn more in ICF's Corporate Responsibility Report.