ICF understands that the end goal of broadband is not the network itself—it is the possibilities that come from providing consumers, businesses, and governments with access to services that ride over the network.
Communities use broadband technology over fiber, wireline, and wireless infrastructure to communicate, find information, buy goods and services, deliver social services, and ensure first responder and 911 connectivity. ICF helps communities and businesses harness the power of broadband technology, creating sustainable economic development strategies that support new job creation, social services, existing businesses, education, healthcare, safety networks, and global competitiveness.
ICF helps government clients:
- Leverage broadband technology to stimulate economic development and job creation
- Support public safety broadband wireless planning to improve interoperability between municipal, state, and private networks, including FirstNet planning
- Assess Universal Service Fund (USF) programs to maximize eligibility and participation
- Create sustainable community broadband, education, and telemedicine ecosystems leveraging multiple broadband networks and providers (if necessary)
ICF helps commercial wireless customers:
- Locate and characterize sources of interference and discriminate these from user traffic to assist operators, regulators, and administrators with network planning, interference identification, and network performance optimization
- Analyze, profile, and characterize spectrum using high-fidelity spectrum recordings that offer significant advantages over simply collecting metrics such as received power level and signal quality, which are captured by traditional methods
With in-house specialists in areas such as community planning, health and education, geospatial analysis, and environmental compliance, ICF is a comprehensive resource for the diverse challenges that arise during broadband projects—from planning and design through implementation and performance. Our extensive experience working in the industry enables us to bring practical tips, tools, and a real-world perspective to our clients' broadband needs.