Our technical and market expertise in the energy and environment sectors allows us to help commercial utilities plan, deploy, and market the full-range of smart grid programs. Our experience with U.S. government entities and state utility and environmental commissions gives us insights into streamlining smart grid funding, reporting, and compliance processes.
ICF understands that smart grid programs must balance resources, costs, and supply stability. As one of the world’s most respected providers of energy efficiency implementation, we also understand that smart grid programs are the key to building sustainable energy efficiency programs.
ICF works with a range of clients, from major utility companies to the U.S. Department of Energy. We routinely help analyze smart grid projects, construct rate models, assess energy efficiency strategies, estimate potential costs and benefits, and implement large-scale initiatives.
Our smart grid services include:
- Program design, implementation, and coordination
- Consumer relations, outreach, and education
- Comprehensive rate case support, tracking, and certification
- U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) funding application and compliance
- Cost-benefit analyses, feasibility studies, and rate design
- Data collection and recording
- Infrastructure implementation and program management
- Regulatory and shareholder reporting
- Power system security and reliability