With more than 20 years of experience in public health, emergency management, and preparedness, ICF combines this expertise with proficiency in information technology, program and risk management, and strategic communications to deliver high quality and innovative services to our clients.
ICF supports clients throughout the entire preparedness cycle in prevention, protection, mitigation, response, and recovery. Our experience translates into a variety of valuable public health and medical initiatives, including:
- Implementation of public health and healthcare preparedness capabilities
- Planning, training, and exercises
- Incident specific planning (pandemic influenza, smallpox, etc.)
- Regional community resilience
- Policy development and evaluation
- Hazard, risk, capabilities, and readiness assessments
- Preparedness and response program evaluation
- Continuity of operations planning
- Emergency medical services system support
- Disaster behavioral health
- Program management support
ICF offers proven methodologies to help strengthen public health and medical planning, training, and response initiatives. Our toolkits enable public health agencies to plan, conduct, and evaluate drills and exercises for various scenarios.
We bring together emergency management, first responders, and public health personnel to train for effective responses during the first 48 hours of a public health incident, and we manage the recovery and rebuilding efforts following response operations. Our multifaceted solutions address policy- and decision-making, communications, resource coordination, personnel management, and procedure implementation.
ICF also helps clients measure the performance of their plans. Our metrics are especially valuable for programs that distribute grants on a regional and national level. Similarly, grantees can use these metrics to demonstrate the success of their efforts and pursue additional funding.